Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Bonus update since mine appears to be lacking in entertainment value. I thought I may update this more regularly (at least that’s what I say now until I forget again). Anyways, I found this little nugget of information amusing and helpful. For anyone wishing to send packages to me here in Azerbaijan, the following is a list of items that cannot be sent according to the regulations posted on the U.S.P.S. website (thanks to Marissa for sharing this):

-Articles for smoking opium and hashish.
-Explosives.
-Films containing technology on the manufacture of narcotics, psychotropic or toxic substances, explosives, or arms or ammunitions.
-Films promoting immorality, violence, or terror.
-Firearms, ammunition, cutting and stabbing arms, and other articles designed for attack or defense (knuckledusters, stiletto blades, balls of paralyzing fluid, etc.), explosives, war materiel.
-Narcotics and psychotropic substances; articles for their use.
-Printed matter (books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts, and plans) promoting immorality, violence, or terror.
-Radioactive materials.

So please keep that in mind when putting a package together. It occurred to me today that I haven’t posted many pictures of the people I work with everyday so I decided to put a few on here with more to come, I am sure. The first two are part of my walk to work every morning. I go through a park and down a main section of the town. Then there is a picture of my office from outside (in spite of the bars and everything it is not a prison, but work can feel that way sometimes, am I right? HA!), my friend Ashley and Ziya who is a lawyer in my office, then there is a picture of Arzu (my counterpart and office manager… the blonde one) and Aygun who is also a lawyer in my office (she says hi to Marissa). Finally, there is a picture of my cactus and a fruit (that I’m not sure how to spell but I can pronounce it) that was carved by Ziya (he really enjoyed carving the pumpkins). Not pictured from my office is my director, Rufat. He also is the director at one of the local banks so he is very busy and is not around very often but I will get a picture of him soon. Also, Ashley does not work in my office, but right down the street and stops by often. That is it for now, more to come later.






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"-Films promoting immorality, violence, or terror."

I guess we shouldn't be sending you Bears games any more. Because, I'm tellin' ya, nothin' promotes terror like the Monsters of the Midway. Brian Urlacher alone will make you poop your pants.

What I want to know is why Marissa was checking out what she couldn't send? Marissa? What are you up to?

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm I miss you tons and tons ; )

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tommy tommmmmmm!

i love the pictures -- keep 'em coming!

hope you're doing well -- miss you!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap. i guess that leaves out my entire care package. haha. just kidding! :)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home